[csw-users] csw-gv in solaris 10

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:22:26 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Am 18.03.2011 um 15:14 schrieb James Lee:
>> On 18/03/11, 14:08:16, upen <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote regarding
>> [csw-users] csw-gv in solaris 10:
>>
>>> when I run gv-update-userconfig
>>
>>> /opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig
>>> bash: /opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig: bad interpreter: No such file
>>> or directory
>>
>> Do you have CSWperl installed?

James, thanks, my mistake I should have paid attention to first line,
it was looking for csw perl and all time I thought I had perl
installed why it didn't work. I will either install cswperl or as
Dango suggests , I will use /usr/bin/perl (SUNWpl5u)

>> $ head -1 /opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig
>> #!/opt/csw/bin/perl

Correct! should have noticed it.

> The Perl script looks pretty simple, as gv has no dependency on CSWperl
> (and probably should not have) it may be good to switch to /usr/bin/perl
> for this script.

Thanks Dango, I will go ahead and edit to use /usr/bin/perl