[csw-users] MySQL 5.1 available for testing

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 6 15:52:06 CEST 2011

I've built MySQL-5.1, and got it to work: it installs, initializes and
runs.  You can get it from:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#mysql-5.1

If you plan to use MySQL-5.1 in the future, please consider testing
the above packages.  Catching issues early saves everyone's time.
Don't run packages from the experimental catalog on a production
system, but please

pkgutil -t http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/mysql-5.1\
 -y -i mysql51

If you plan to compile software against MySQL, download the mysql_dev package.

There's one large change from the previously packaged MySQL - the new
MySQL packages are built into the /opt/csw prefix, so the binaries are
in /opt/csw/bin.  The same goes for linking: libraries are now in
/opt/csw/lib, and the header files in /opt/csw/include.

If I don't receive reports about any issues, I will upload the
experimental packages into the unstable catalog, and after another two
weeks into the dublin catalog.

Enjoy!

Maciej