[csw-users] Outdate Puppet packages (2.6.9, latest is 2.7.3).

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 02:24:28 CEST 2011

heya,

I just noticed that the Puppet packages on OpenCSW (2.6.9) are a bit
outdated.

The latest version is 2.7.3, released August 2011:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Release_Notes#2.7.3

The 2.7.x branch does contain some significant changes over 2.6.x.

I didn't see any experimental packages (
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html) for it, but I was wondering
if anybody is actively working on it, or if it might be in the pipeline =)?

I'm happy to help test any pre-release packages or help out in any other way
I can. (I doubt I have the knowledge to be a package maintainer for this).

Cheers,
Victor