[csw-users] GCC 4.3.3 Question

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 22 19:11:37 CEST 2011

2011/9/13 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> gcc version 4.6.1 (GCC)
>
> It is now available for testing from the unstable catalog.  To test
> it, you can configure one testing machine to use the unstable catalog
> by putting this into /etc/opt/csw/pkgutil.conf:
>
> mirror=http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/
>
> This will install other updates that are already uploaded to unstable,
> including gcc-4.6.1:
>
> pkgutil -U
> pkgutil -y -i gcc4core gcc4g++
>
> Let me know if testing went well or not.

Did anyone have a chance to test the new gcc packages?

I had a report of a case with missing crt1.o file when compiling a
minimal example ("int main() { return 1; }"), but I've been unable to
reproduce the problem myself.  It was observed on Solaris 10 i386.  I
would appreciate input on that, whether anyone else is able to
reproduce the problem.

Maciej