[csw-users] Perl, CPAN, and CSWpm_termreadlineg

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 5 10:22:08 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 05.01.2012 um 10:17 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Larry Siden <lsiden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Installing pm_termradlineg breaks cpan, because it will quickly exit with a
>> message that it has run out of memory.  This is on a system with 32G and the
>> histfile was short, so the problem is elsewhere.  I think someone else
>> complained about it too.

There is at least a bug report:

>> Of course there is still cpanm (
>> http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/App-cpanminus-1.5007/bin/cpanm ) which will
>> allow you to do everything in your favorite Unix shell, and thus take
>> advantage of your system-wide console readline command-history-edit
>> capabilities.
>
> I never use CPAN any more, instead I add whatever is needed as an
> OpenCSW package but to test this I started CPAN for the first time on
> a system, it auto-configured and worked, although without any history,
> when exiting it also said this:
>
> "Terminal does not support AddHistory."
>
> I installed pm_termradlineg, started CPAN and history worked, I could
> use the arrow keys to edit previous commands. Is that what you meant
> did not work for you?

I updated to 1.20 (and adjusted to the latest package naming standards btw)
which should fix the issue according to the bug report. Packages should appear
soon here:
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#pm_term_readline_gnu
Please let me know if this resolves you issue so the package can be released.