[csw-users] Reverted updates to the dublin catalog

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 18 21:00:08 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:46:26AM +0200, Nils Ludvig Brandtzæg wrote:
> > We've rebuilt libneon in unstable, but we'll need to rebuild
> > everything against libssl-1.0 to arrive at a good state. We've got a
> > lot of rebuilding to do.
>
> No updates to dublin since May 30, I assume this is the reason. Any
> estimate for when updates will be released again?

That's correct. I think we won't be doing (as a rule) any version bumps
to the dublin catalog anymore. We've set up additional build hosts with
dublin packages on them, and will use them to push security fixes. If
a security fix requires a version bump, we'll probably do it, unless we
find a backported patch with the fix.

We haven't figured out how to release directly to the dublin catalog,
which is one of the reasons for the lack of updates. Our pipeline
currently defaults to unstable, and we want to make sure that there are
no accidental pushes to dublin by someone who meant to push into
unstable. It'll requre some coding and testing before we'll get any new
updates to dublin.

The long term plan for dublin is for it to become the new stable.

Maciej