[csw-users] Reverted updates to the dublin catalog

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed May 30 01:18:08 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I've just reverted a couple of updates that have been recently made to
the dublin (a.k.a. testing and current) catalog. The main reason was
that we've moved on from openssl-0.9.8 to openssl-1.0 in the unstable
catalog, and we can't do a partial update - it results in double
linking, e.g.:

/opt/csw/bin/svn → libssl-1.0
/opt/csw/bin/svn → libneon → libssl-0.9.8

We've rebuilt libneon in unstable, but we'll need to rebuild
everything against libssl-1.0 to arrive at a good state. We've got a
lot of rebuilding to do.

If you made any updates from the dublin catalog in the last days, you
might have gotten the broken packages. In such case, I'd recommend
reverting the updated packages to the ones that are in the dublin
catalog right now. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Going forward with the dublin catalog, there are security fixes that
we need to push out, and we'll need to set up additional build hosts
that will be dedicated to dublin-targeted updates. We'll keep you
posted.

Maciej