[csw-users] Patch for MySQL 5.5 method

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Fri Nov 2 13:54:42 CET 2012

Hello all,

The architecture selection bit for the MySQL method that I proposed
appears to work well, except in one case:

if "basedir = /opt/csw" has been explicitly specified in my.cnf, the
script will pick that up after the architecture was detected, and
concatenate /bin, /sbin, /libexec to it before starting the daemon.

So that keeps starting the 32 bit version, even if the 64 one has been
explicitly chosen in csw.conf.

I'm attaching a small patch to the method script that fixes that. It's
straightforward and should be safe in all cases.

Laurent