[csw-users] Setting up build environment for OpenIndiana

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 27 09:35:42 CET 2013

2013/2/26 Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com>:
> I'm using OpenCSW/unstable on OpenIndiana 151a7.   It seems bug 5011
> (https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=5011) is
> causing python to crash.  According to 'cgrzemba' building with SOS12U3
> fixes this problem, so I'm attempting to setup the build environment and
> build the pyexpat library.

Cool!

> What I'm trying to figure out is should I set up my build environment on
> OpenIndiana or Solaris 11?

Hm. Our build system was written on Solaris 10, and I'm not sure what
could be potential problems on other systems. I know that Dago has put
some work into running it on Solaris 11, with building IPS packages in
mind. To just build Solaris 10 packages, I'd say that setting up a
build environment on Solaris 10 would be the safest bet. I'm thinking
what would be the requirements for a build host; the first thing that
comes to mind is the basic utilities: pkgadd, pkginfo, pkgmk,
pkgparam, pkgproto, pkgtrans, pkgrm. If your host can't have them,
then it can't be a packaging host.

Maciej