[csw-users] nmap?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 17 20:22:34 CEST 2013

Hi Jim,

Am 17.06.2013 um 18:41 schrieb Jim Wise <jwise at draga.com>:
> I noticed nmap is no longer in the unstable catalog:
>
> package                   installed                 catalog
> CSWnmap                   4.20                      not in catalog
>
> Is there an issue with the new version?

The version 4.20 had dependencies to the old libssl which was dropped. Redoing
nmap was pretty hard, the 5.59beta1 was buildable with some fixes:
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#nmap
The 6.01 version was not buildable on Solaris, but 6.25 looks much better and
I got positive feedback from a colleague who compiled it successfully on
Solaris 10. I will give it a try.