[csw-users] php5 on solaris 10

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Sun Jun 23 16:52:14 CEST 2013

On 23 Jun 2013, at 14:54, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Lilach Reshef <lilachreshef at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What can I do?Install an old version of  csw (apach+ php+ mysql)
>
> ...or upgrade your 8 year old version of Solaris? ;)

IIRC libresolv added some additional versioned API around Solaris 10u4. Anything linked to libresolv after that update won't run on an older Solaris 10, unless the developer spent lots of time playing with linker mapfiles.

If you're feeling brave you can set LD_NOVERSION=1 (or LD_NOVERSION_32/LD_NOVERSION64) in your environment running php5 and *maybe* it will work. This is documented in the ld.so.1 man page. You can display internal API information in libraries using pvs(1).

If that doesn't work, your choices are to update Solaris (geez, u1??!) or to build php yourself.

Chris