[csw-users] Packages requests

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 3 16:37:50 CET 2013

2013/3/3 Jean-Michel Bergeron <niceguy12345678 at hotmail.fr>:
> It seem that some things have changed since March 2012; there's instruction
> on the VLC Wiki regarding how to compile it for Solaris 10...

Those instructions are for very old versions of VLC, I don't think
they are up to date. I assume you're talking about this page:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Solaris. If you look at the history, the
Solaris 10 instructions weren't touched after 2011.

In the meantime, the compilation of 2.0.5 fails because Solaris 10
doesn't have posix_memalign, and the VLC code assumes the function is
there, without checking for it first.

In file included from libvlc.c:39:0:
../include/vlc_common.h: In function 'vlc_memalign':
../include/vlc_common.h:940:5: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_memalign' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Maciej