[csw-users] Munin smart_ plugin start

Juergen Arndt ja at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 6 18:19:50 CET 2013

Hi Brogyi,

On 05.03.2013, at 22:25, Brogyányi József <brogyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> First I installed the smartmontools.It working by manually.I noticed the "smart_" plugin is a python script.
> I installed the CSWpython. I hope that's enough and I not need to install the CSWpython-dev package.
> Here are some log's and I hope they help to find my fault:
> Telnet:
> fetch smart_c4t1d0
> .
> /var/opt/csw/munin/log/munin-node.log:
> Group 'disk' required for 'smart_c4t1d0' does not exist at /opt/csw/share/perl/site_perl/Munin/Node/OS.pm line 183
> Few times I can read this:
> Service 'smart_c4t1d0' exited with status 255/0
>
> And last the OS.pm part.The 183. line is the "exit":
>   elsif (defined $pid) {
>         # In child
>         close $out_read; close $err_read;
>
>         POSIX::setsid();
>
>         # use the pipes to replace STD{OUT,ERR}
>         open(STDOUT, '>&=', fileno($out_write));
>         open(STDERR, '>&=', fileno($err_write));
>
>         exit $code->(@args);
> Any advise I very welcome.Thanks in advance.

I have some questions:

(1) Did you install the CSW package for smartmontools? You should and then installing CSWpython was a very good idea.
(2) Does the user group "disk" exist on your system? I found the hint in the docs [1] and in the source code of the plugin.

I'll try to test the whole thing at the weekend. Maybe I have to blame myself afterwards ;-)

Regards,
Juergen

[1] http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/plugin-smart_

--