[csw-users] re-installing package that's already installed

P Fudd gmanedotorg at ch.pkts.ca
Wed Mar 27 23:24:39 CET 2013

I want to do what he wanted to do: I upgraded CSWperl, and now all of my perl
modules are broken.

I moved /opt/csw/lib/perl/csw and site_perl aside, and am now trying to install
with pkgutil or cpan the missing modules back again, but right now "cpan
XML::LibXSLT" is dying with 'ld: fatal: library -lgdbm: not found'.

That's why I want to reinstall CSWgdbm, but pkgutil won't let me remove it or
install it, because it's in use by CSWcommon.  Removing that would probably be a
mistake, I think... :-)