[csw-users] Problem reinstalling gcc

Pickering, Roger (NIH/NIAAA) [E] rpickeri at willco.niaaa.nih.gov
Thu May 2 19:59:42 CEST 2013

Thanks!  It worked!

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Bonivart [mailto:bonivart at opencsw.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:14 PM
To: Questions and discussions
Subject: Re: [csw-users] Problem reinstalling gcc

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Pickering, Roger (NIH/NIAAA) [E] <rpickeri at willco.niaaa.nih.gov> wrote:
> You're right - I did learn the hard way not to manually remove packages!  As Benjamin Franklin stated, "Experience teaches a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other!".  I am enclosing the output you asked for.   As I understand you - I can use the pkgrm to remove the packages.  Right?  I hope I can install the gcc 4.8!  ;-)
>
> Thanks again for your time and this wonderful utility!
> Roger
>
> mirror                  not set
>                         (default:
> http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing)

As you can see from the above "mirror"-line you're on the "testing"-distribution, packages there are somewhat older. If you want our latest, but less tested, packages you need to change "testing" to "unstable", uncomment the "mirror"-line in /etc/opt/csw/pkgutil.conf and make sure you have "unstable" at the end.

But to start with you need to get rid of CSWgcc from the systems package database, try "pkgrm CSWgcc".

/peter