[csw-users] dublin is the new 'stable', kiel is the new 'testing'

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 21 10:28:39 CEST 2013

Hello OpenCSW users,

In November 2012, we've removed all the packages from the 'stable'
directory on the master mirror and replaced them with a README file. Ten
months passed since and we hope that you've noticed the change.

It's time to apply the 'stable' label to the dublin release. This is what
we had before:

unstable
testing → dublin
stable → (nothing)

After:

unstable
testing → kiel
stable → dublin

There's one important caveat:

You cannot update packages from the legacy (old stable) catalog to the new
stable.

If you have a machine on which you still have the legacy package set, you
must make a list of all your packages, uninstall them, then switch pkgutil
to the new catalog and install the new set.

Following the promotion of dublin to 'stable', the kiel release will become
the new 'testing'. There's no general upgrading caveat, you will be able to
upgrade from dublin to kiel (old 'testing' to new 'testing').

The change has been made on the master mirror and will propagate to other
mirrors in withing the next day.

In case of any problems, please contact us either on the mailing list or on
the IRC channel, #opencsw on Freenode.

Maciej