ssh not working after today's updates

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 11 08:30:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 11.08.14 um 08:25 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Am 11.08.2014 um 02:15 schrieb Mark Blakeney <mark.blakeney at bullet-systems.net>:
>> I updated by box today via pkgutil -uy and now can not use ssh:
>>
>> mark at SW-DEV:~ ssh my_box
>> ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libc.so.1: version `SUNW_1.22.5' not found (required by file /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8plus+vis/libcrypto.so.1.0.0)
>> ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
>> Killed
>

> Some packages have raised their minimum libc level in Solaris as they need
> functions only available in newer versions. However, I can’t remember being
> OpenSSL one of them:
>   https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/openssl1/trunk/Makefile
> (no specific linker maps specified)
>
> @Yann: or is it because you specify linker maps for symbol export on your own
> which voids the GAR map?

@ Dago we raised the min libc level a few months back to 1.22.5 since
it's now over 5 years old.

@ Mark
sorry for that you can either go back to the older version or update
your Solaris to a newer one. (Newer still beeing a 5 year old Solaris)

If that does not work for you you need to go back to sun ssh.
Sorry for that.

Greetings
Jan