logwatch broken after replacing sendmail with postfix

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 22 09:39:26 CEST 2014

On Jul 22, 2014 8:15 AM, "G H" <ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:

> hello all,
> on sparc S10, i got this error:
> Can't exec "sendmail": No such file or directory at /opt/csw/bin/
logwatch.pl line 1017, <TESTFILE> line 3.
> Can't execute sendmail -t: No such file or directory
>
> CSWpostfix-2.9.4,REV=2012.09.19 is installed, and i removed SUNWsndmr
SUNWsndmu, as stated in /opt/csw/share/doc/postfix/README.CSW. The links
are ok:
> fury # ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/sbin/newaliases /usr/bin/mailq
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          18 Jul 21 14:50 /usr/bin/mailq ->
/opt/csw/bin/mailq
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          22 Jul 21 14:50 /usr/lib/sendmail
-> /opt/csw/sbin/sendmail
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          23 Jul 21 14:50
/usr/sbin/newaliases -> /opt/csw/bin/newaliases

> does it mean that it just lacks the link:
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /opt/csw/sbin/sendmail

What is logwatch trying to execute? Is it some /opt/csw path or some other
path that isn't /use/lib/send mail? If it is trying to explicitly execute
/use/sbin/send mail, that is a bug we should definitely fix.

>From the error message, it sounds like it is simply executing sendmail and
relying on path to find it.

If the latter is happening, we should force it to use /use/lib/sendmail
explicitly (and likely make it a configure time option which is submitted
upstream).

I haven't actually looked at this so I could be way off...

Thanks
-Ben