New package request : gedit

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 9 11:45:20 CEST 2015

Hi Michele,

Am 07.08.2015 um 02:45 schrieb via pkgrequests <pkgrequests at lists.opencsw.org>:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> A new package request has been received from Michele Denber (mailto:denber at mindspring.com). gedit is requested to be added to our catalog.
>
> Here is the attached message :
>
> The gedit currently in OpenCSW is version 2.30.4.  On my Sun Blade 2500 it dumps core with an error \"failed to find gam_server
> Failed to connect to socket /tmp/fam-root/fam-
>
> (gedit:14837): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=3\"
>
> The latest version of gedit is 3.16.  Any chance we could get this updated?  Thanks!

I have not been working on a Solaris desktop for some time now and it is
unlikely that this will start again. I forwarded your request to maintainers,
maybe there is someone who is willing to give it a go.

Apart from that your report sounds more like a problem with SGIs libfam
or better the GAMIN rewrite of it. The version 0.1.10 is still the latest
and the total quality of GAMIN was not the best, so fixing this may require
some debugging. You may also try to go back to the obsoleted SGI implementation
if that works for you.

Best regards

  — Dago