OpenCSW question about package CSWpython27

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 22 16:24:56 CET 2015

Hi,

> Am 22.01.2015 um 16:07 schrieb magixx2006 at gmail.com:
>
> Hi,
> I\'ve seen your Python 2.7.8 package on opencsw which appears to be the 32bit version. I have installed it and unfortunately it turns out I need the 64bit version. Might you have any suggestions or insights on what I need to do in order to compile Python 2.7.8 64bit on Solaris 10 SPARC?
>
> I have tried configuring like so:
> ./configure CFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS=-m64
>
> However gmake will will result with the following not built:
> Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
> _bsddb             _sqlite3           _ssl
> _tkinter           bsddb185           dl
> gdbm               imageop            linuxaudiodev
> ossaudiodev        readline
> To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module\'s name.
>
> Failed to build these modules:
> _curses            _curses_panel      _locale
>
> What should I be doing?

You can see our build recipe at
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/lang-python/python/branches/python-2.7/Makefile

The combined 32/64 bit support is unfortunately not possible due to upstream
decisions on library location:
  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3054

Best regards

  — Dago