Software Compilation Request: Mozilla Firefox ESR 24 & 31

Jan Holzhüter jh at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 6 20:25:05 CET 2015

Am 06.03.15 um 18:47 schrieb Chris Ridd:

>> On 6 Mar 2015, at 17:39, Ibraheem Saleh <testers1717 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> There is a security scare at work where they don't trust precompiled packages which don't have the source used to compile them.
>>
>> Do you know if there is anyway to know who compiled those "Contrib" packages? I believe somebody was looking at it earlier and noticed that they were compiled in China, which US government agencies aren't allowed to have dealings with :( ...

Well if you are a US goverment talk to the NSA to pull out the source
from Oracle. :)

Or pay Mozilla Foundation to build it for you.

If you have this requirement to build your software. Why do you use
Solaris anyway?

Sorry for the harsh tune (must be the flu drugs :))

I don't think there will be much luck in getting this done in opencsw.

Grettings
Jan