mgar up error

Lara Blatchford lara.blatchford at nteligen.com
Thu Jun 9 22:18:41 CEST 2016

Good evening - I'm new to OpenCSW and am trying to set up a repository to
build a new package, but I'm getting an error running mgar up.

Running mgar init is successful

-bash-3.2$ mgar init

Initializing the package build tree at /export/home/lara2/opencsw

A    opencsw/.buildsys/v2-ips

A    opencsw/.buildsys/v2-ips/gar.mk

A    opencsw/.buildsys/v2-ips/category.mk

A    opencsw/.buildsys/v2-ips/gar.lib.mk

A    opencsw/.buildsys/v2-ips/gar.svn.mk

<snip>

A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/etc/commondirs-i386

A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/Makefile

A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/garrc.sample

Checked out revision 25770.

Checked out revision 25770.

Initialized the package build tree at /export/home/lara2/opencsw.

Registering the package build tree location in ~/.garrc

Now you can fetch the package build descriptions via: "mgar up --all"

Please be advised that this will take some time. So grab yourself a cup

of tea/coffee :)

-bash-3.2$

Running mgar up generates an error, and I couldn't find an explanation when
I searched.

-bash-3.2$ mgar up --all

This command is supposed to be run from within a package build

directory (i.e. one with a build recipe). Please change to one

and re-run this command.

-bash-3.2$ ls

local.cshrc    local.login    local.profile  opencsw

Can someone explain what could be wrong?  Thanks very much,

Lara