mgar up error

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 13 15:34:00 CEST 2016

Hi,
cc'ed you also directly if list is still broken for you.

Am 13.06.16 um 15:09 schrieb Lara Blatchford:
> Hi – I didn’t receive your response as an email for some reason, I can
> only see it in the
>
> archives, so please forgive any formatting/threading issues with my
> response.
>

> I did try running the mgar up command from inside the opencsw directory
> and I got the same
>
> error:
>

> -bash-3.2$ mgar up --all
>
> This command is supposed to be run from within a package build
>
> directory (i.e. one with a build recipe). Please change to one
>
> and re-run this command.
>
> -bash-3.2$ pwd
>
> /export/home/lara2
>
> -bash-3.2$ cd opencsw
>
> -bash-3.2$ mgar up --all
>
> This command is supposed to be run from within a package build
>
> directory (i.e. one with a build recipe). Please change to one
>
> and re-run this command.

whats in you .garrc.

also is the repo setup?

svn info in /export/home/lara2/opencsw

there might also be some bug not sure.
also try mgar up as up -all might not work with emtpy repo. Not sure.

I always can't wrap around my head on svn commands:

up-all) echo "Updating full build tree (this will take some time)"
                   svn up \
                     --set-depth infinity --ignore-externals \
                     "$BUILDTREE"
                   svn up "$BUILDTREE/.buildsys"

vs

up-pkg) echo "Updating current package directory + build system"
                   svn up --ignore-externals; svn up $BUILDSYS;;

Greetings
Jan