Python, Solaris 10, pip install complains about absent pkg_resources

Don Walters djwalters at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:08:15 CEST 2017

I want to use openpyxl for writing excel files via python.

I've got 25 years unix shell scripting, but am green at python.

I did:
     pip install openpyxl
and received:
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "/usr/bin/pip", line 8, in <module>
         from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
     ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Oddly, I notice there _is_ a directory called "pkg_resources" located at:
     /opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages

​I'm sure there's a "python.cfg" file or something I need to edit to tell
python where to look.

Can someone please give me the hint?

Thanks a lot,

Don W.

--

See my website at: http://www.korndon.com
See me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/korndon

*Business is like a man rowing a boat upstream. He has no choice; he must
go ahead or he will go back.*
                —Lewis E. Pierson

*Money demands that you sell, not your weakness to men’s stupidity, but
your talent to their reason.*                —Ayn Rand