Asking about php7 and redis on OpenCSW

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 11 10:16:23 CEST 2019

Hi Phouvanh,

Am 11.07.2019 um 03:49 schrieb Phouvanh Kongchansavath <phouvanh.kcsv at gmail.com>:
>> Redis has failing tests on both Sparc and x86. Did you manage to get a working testsuite?
>
> I am running Solaris 11.3 x64, i dont know either about the testsuite.

The testsuite ensures that the binary is fully working and the step between file installation
and package creation. Failing tests could either mean there is a problem in the software or
that there is a problem with the testsuite on the platform. Figuring this out can be a difficult
task which I will probably not tackle for PHP for fun.

> Can i install x64 packages from OpenCSW? it is look like all packages "Apache24", "Nginx".... are x86 only.

In general you can run 32 bit binaries on 64 bit Solaris due to the fact that
64 bit kernel also supports the 32 bit ABI. Some packages like Apache 2.4 and Nginx
are present in 32 and 64 bit. You can activate it with
  svccfg -s cswapache24 setprop general/enable_64bit = true

For nginx you need to edit /etc/opt/csw/cswnginx to use the binary in bin/{sparcv9|amd64}/nginx
for 64 bit.

Best regards

  — Dago