Ruby 3.0 mgar package

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Wed Dec 15 17:00:28 CET 2021

Hi,

a colleague was in need of a ruby newer than 2.0. I decided to give it a
try and the attached
tar-file contains the result.
This ruby30 package was initially copied from ruby20 and contains the
following major changes:

1. Replaced Ruby-2.0 references with Ruby-3.0
2. Adjusted the OpenCSW path patches
3. Added a patch to workaround a Developer Studio bug
4. Enabled 64-bit build

The resulting ruby3.0 seems to work well. So far I only noticed a single
problem while
installing gems with external libraries like nokogiri. Nokogiri fails
while compiling
libgumbo during a "gem3.0 install nokogiri -- --use-system-libraries".
Currently I have
no clue on how to fix that.

Hmm, and I just noticed that the shebang in scripts like
/opt/csw/bin/sparcv8plus/gem3.0
still need some mgar magic to use the 32-bit
/opt/csw/bin/sparcv8plus/ruby3.0.

Well, but for a first verification and commit to the buildsys the
attached tar should be enough.

Franz.