[csw-maintainers] Contents of devel@ list

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 7 21:24:31 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:59:32PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> When I move a package to www.opencsw.org:/newpkgs I write a
> mail to the unstable release manager (read: you) and you
> process it. This usually occurs within a day or two and
> you usually write back a mail that the package is accepted.
> The idea is to have this formalized like that when you
> batch the package for master mirror distribution an email
> is send automatically to devel@ that this has been done.

Oh.... you are trying to keep an eye on the part between

"i copy it into the batching area"
vs
"it goes public".

because in the past, I have sometimes taken a while between the two.
As a side note, I anticipate that gap to be much much shorter these days,
since the processes runs smoother for me now.

Additionally, our front webpage, and the "newpkgs" mailing list, both
actually get their information from the internal batching area :-}
So we already have an "updated daily" reference of what is in that area.

As mentioned previously, I could make the front web page updated hourly, if
you like.
Unless people really want an actual individual EMAIL to go out somewhere,
every time a package hits that area.

Do people want to see that? or is the insert on www.opencsw.org enough?
(either once a day, or once an hour?)