[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Fri Nov 14 00:26:39 CET 2008

Hi

> I really don't like the fact that we talk about "mine" and "your"
> packages all the time, they are *our* packages! Having a primary
> maintainer is probably wise (though it could also be a set of primary
> maintainers) as those are most likely to know how to fix bugs. If a
> primary maintainer fails to update the package within reasonable time, I
> would *hope* that someone can pick up the pieces and publish it.

Once again i suggest to create team for set of packages. This has certainly to be discussed in zurich.

Basically the idea is that key packages (Mozilla's spawns (FF TB SM), Apache, ssh, foo) or set of packages likke desktop environment (kde, gnome, xfce) should be handle by a team. Organisation has to be defined, but it could be composed of a leader and contributors who can alsoupdate and release things or a "main maintainer" and a "backup maintainer".

IMHO we clearly have to define an organization which can handle the problem of releasing security updates when main packager is unavailable for a reasonnable time.

Cheers,

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net

http://www.sunwizard.net Le site français des amateurs de stations Unix