[csw-maintainers] First packaging efforts (synergy 1.3.1 in testing/). Feedback, someone?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 28 15:37:28 CET 2008

Hi *,

i just wrapped my first package :) (using the stagepkg/createpkg way)
and put it in testing/.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/synergy-1.3.1,REV=2008.11.28-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/synergy-1.3.1,REV=2008.11.28-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Would be great if someone could give it a spin and have a look whether i
missed anything. The only thing that struck me is the increased binary
size compared to the version in current/.

1.2.2 from current/:
root @ ray2 /opt/csw/bin# ls -l synergy*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin       580712 Jan 28  2005 synergyc
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin       761456 Jan 28  2005 synergys

1.3.1 from testing/:
root @ ray1 /opt/csw/bin# ls -l synergy*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1838776 Nov 28 14:47 synergyc
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      2542432 Nov 28 14:47 synergys

>From what i see, the current/ package depends on CSWgcc3rt and its
binaries are linked against libgcc_s.so.1. Does that mean they were
compiled using gcc and that's where the size difference comes from? I
did my builds with Sun Studio cc.

Cheers

Sebastian