[csw-maintainers] Building postgresql-8.4.1

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 20 16:35:01 CET 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 19.11.2009 um 10:30 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Dagobert Michelsen
>> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Maciej,

> The same thing happens with pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x-optcsw.
> It looks like GAR puts sparcv9 subdirectory always directly under
> bin/, ignoring any subdirectories under bin/.

I just verified, the problem is there. You are relocating postgres
inside each subdirectory:
   /opt/csw/bin/postgres/
   /opt/csw/lib/postgres/
instead of confining the installation to
   /opt/csw/postgres/
as it is done for e. g. Berkeley DB. This is not a problem by itself,
you must
however use different variables if you finegrained tune install
variables.
$(bindir) for example is the directory where the binaries go. It is
defined
as
   bindir_install     ?= $(exec_prefix)/bin
   bindir             ?= $(abspath $(bindir_install)/$(MM_BINDIR))
That means bindir is used directly as option to configure and GAR
expects it
to be adjusted the way it thinks is good. If it is adjusted manually
it can
be done by using the corresponding bindir_install variable. The
variables
that are sensitive to this are
   bindir, sbindir, libexecdir and libdir

I adjusted your Makefile to now work fully with ISA modulations as
   https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/7362