[csw-maintainers] Ganglia update

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 5 01:26:16 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 04.09.2009 um 22:33 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> The packages are now working, except for init scripts and SMF
>> support.  That will come shortly.  However, people are welcome to
>> test, just install the packages, and start the processes like so:
>>
>> On every node running the agent:
>> /opt/csw/sbin/gmond -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf
>>
>> On the reporting server, run both the agent and the server:
>>
>> /opt/csw/sbin/gmond -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf
>> /opt/csw/sbin/gmetad -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf

I've now added init scripts and SMF, so that it starts automatically
when you install the package.

>> Then just browse to http://<gmetad-server-name>/ganglia/ and enjoy
>> watching the graphs.
>>
>> Please let me know if there is anything else horribly wrong in my
>> Makefile
>
> Looks mighty good, however there are some minor issues:
> - ETCGANGLIA should be /etc/opt/csw/ganglia
Done

> - For httpd-ganglia.conf you should use PRESERVECONF or SAMPLECONF from
>   CSWcswclassutils described here:
>     <http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package>

Done

One other thing that caused some issues, I tried adding these lines:

ARCHALL_CSWgangliadevel = 1
ARCHALL_CSWgangliaweb = 1

but when it gets to the install-custom code, it looks for files in the
wrong place, specifically:

        @cd $(WORKSRC)/web; \
                cp -R * $(DESTDIR)$(WWWGANGLIA)

and the other lines referencing $(WORKSRC) look in the wrong place.  Any
hints would be welcome.