[csw-maintainers] Can't run Sun Studio in vncserver

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 5 10:34:58 CEST 2009

I'm trying to run Sun Studio 12 IDE in vncserver. It doesn't run; it
appears to be starting up for some time and the just dies with return
code 2:

+ export netbeans_extraclusters=/opt/studio/sunstudio12.1/prod/nb-clusters/sside1
+ netbeans_extraclusters=/opt/studio/sunstudio12.1/prod/nb-clusters/sside1
+ /opt/studio/sunstudio12.1/netbeans/bin/netbeans
-J-Dspro.home=/opt/studio/sunstudio12.1 -J-Dspro.pwd=/root
-J-Dnb.registration.enabled=true
-J-Dnetbeans.winsys.ctrltab.editoronly=true -J-Dspro.debugger.count=0
-J-da --branding sunstudio --userdir /root/.sunstudio/12.1-SunOS-sparc
--jdkhome /
netra ~ # echo $?
2

(I'm running it as root because I need to start cupsd as root and you
can't run a binary as a different user than your current one in the
IDE.)

The computer I'm trying to run the IDE on is a Netra with 2 cores and
2GB of RAM, I think it's sufficient.

System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Netra t 1120/1125 (2 X
UltraSPARC-II 440MHz)
System clock frequency: 110 MHz
Memory size: 2048 Megabytes

It doesn't print any error messages. Have you ever encountered a
problem like this?