[csw-maintainers] Can't run Sun Studio in vncserver

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 5 12:42:52 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 05.09.2009 um 10:34 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> I'm trying to run Sun Studio 12 IDE in vncserver. It doesn't run; it
> appears to be starting up for some time and the just dies with return
> code 2:
> It doesn't print any error messages. Have you ever encountered a
> problem like this?

I also had some problem with vncserver as it is quite old and started
work on a refresher. Unfortunately vncserver is awfully hard to
package as
it uses a combination of Imake and scripts which require tweaking
results of Imake. I committed what I have, feel free to take a look.

PS: Don't get me wrong: It should not look like everytime you ask a
question I propose more work for you ;-)