[csw-maintainers] Anyone wants to update wxWidgets?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 23 13:17:40 CEST 2009

The packages have been built and they've been sitting in testing/ for
a while now. I'd like to have them released, but there's a problem
with dependent applications. Shared libraries in the updated wxwidgets
packages have different file names than the version currently present
on the mirrors.

http://www.opencsw.org/search/wxwidgets_gtk2 contains *.so.0.2.0
The newly built package contains *.so.0.6.0.

It breaks dependent applications: xchm, rapidsvn, kicad, boincmanager.

What's the strategy in such a case? Should I notify the maintainers of
the dependent packages and release the updated packages
simultaneously? It's a nice idea, but they won't be able to build
updated packages until new wxwidgets is released (only released
packages are installed on build{8,9,10}{s,x}).