[csw-maintainers] Berkeley DB pending final resolution

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 30 15:28:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

due to the involved complexities I am currently rebuilding Berkeley DB
in a defined way, where each version gets its own very separate
directories.
That means there is
   /opt/csw/bdb43
   /opt/csw/bdb44
   /opt/csw/bdb...
for all relevant versions. The legacy link for
   /opt/csw/bdb4
will be linked to the contents of /opt/csw/bdb42 making the contained
4.2 version explicit. The generic bdb will be deprecated, the newly
build
packages should instead be recompiled against bdb47. The existing
bdb3 will stay at 3.3.11, updated are neither required nor intended.

Linking in the future will always be against specific versions like
   /opt/csw/bdbXY

If we can't unify it let's make it as clean and separate as possible.

Feedback?