[csw-maintainers] Berkeley DB pending final resolution

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 30 16:55:18 CEST 2009

On 30/09/09, 14:28:07, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
[csw-maintainers] Berkeley DB pending final resolution:

> due to the involved complexities I am currently rebuilding Berkeley DB
> in a defined way, where each version gets its own very separate
> directories.
> That means there is
>    /opt/csw/bdb43
>    /opt/csw/bdb44
>    /opt/csw/bdb...
> for all relevant versions. The legacy link for
>    /opt/csw/bdb4
> will be linked to the contents of /opt/csw/bdb42 making the contained
> 4.2 version explicit. The generic bdb will be deprecated, the newly
> build
> packages should instead be recompiled against bdb47.

This is basically back to what it was before in recognition of
Berkley DB versions being mutual incompatible.

Until existing packages are recompiled your new final solution will
break recently built packages that expect 4.7 in /opt/csw/lib.
You will have to arrange for atomic release with rebuilds or legacy
4.7 links in the legacy CSWbdb and CSWbdb4 packages.

Affected packages:
    CSWooocore       uses 4.7 from CSWbdb4 (CSWbdb4 uses CSWbdb)
    CSWperl          uses 4.7 from CSWbdb
    CSWpmberkeleydb  uses 4.7 from CSWbdb
    CSWruby          uses 4.7 from CSWbdb

James.