[csw-maintainers] GAR: archall - a new checkpkg module

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Feb 4 18:17:13 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>  I need to hunt down some of them and build checks based on
> some examples.  Here's one:
>
>> cat /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/libclamav.pc
> (...)
> Cflags: -I${includedir} -xO2 -xarch=v8 -I/opt/csw/include

Hmm.. that brings up a side issue.
Anyone know if pkg-config can handle #includes?

Seems like we could benefit if the core arch-specific pkg-config
package, would have a central shared "arch flags" type include. Then
that line above could instead be

Cflags: -I${includedir} -xO2 ${archflags} -I/opt/csw/include

or something?
It would be a double-win:
first, we could make more things arch neutral.
Secondly, it makes things much easier if someone wants to make
highly-arch-tuned compilations of things.