[csw-maintainers] Registering packages in mantis (was Re: [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs firefox_l10n_af, ...)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 24 23:05:36 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 24.02.2010 um 21:29 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Am 23.02.2010 um 17:40 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>>
>>> "If there is   softname, softname_FOO, softname_BAR, softname_BAZ,
>>> and
>>> there are not separate mantis categories,  you are expected to go
>>> file
>>> bugs for the base name 'softname' "
>>
>> And pm_softname and py_softname?
>
> pm_xxx and py_xxxx do not tend to have sub-packages. I am not aware
> of even one.

They may be subpackages of xxx, like for netsnmp or cyrus_imapd. That
means
they are generated in one go from the same set of sources during the
same
build.

>>> Even a newbie user should be able to figure that one out as-is.
>>
>> It should not replace the package listing. It is an additional page
>> like /bundles/<bundle>/ which contains information about the package
>> in general (like how to use it) and links to the packages it
>> contains.
>>
>> The information should be quite easily optainable by just looking
>> at the
>> upstream URL in the info field: same field - same bundle.
>
> I do not see a sane, easily maintainable way to do this. If I did, I
> would add it in. But I dont see one.
> If you want to spend time in writing up an implementation that easily
> ties in to our existing processes, feel free.

Sebastian: Is there such a concept in Mantis? If yes we can easily
create
the bundles out of the GAR recipes or by using the above described
procedure
for all other packages.