[csw-maintainers] Readline in sqlite3, changes to other people's packages

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 2 12:28:31 CET 2010

I noticed that the readline frontend (the "sqlite3" command) doesn't
have readline, so I recompiled it with readline support.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/7799

I want readline because it's useful when working with the "sqlite3"
utility to examine database contents.

I've put it into testing.  Ruper later bumped up the version to .21,
so I've rebuilt sqlite3 again.

I was thinking about a more general case.  Let's say there's a package
that I'm willing to put some work into, such as this one.  It's much
quicker to just fix the issue myself than ti file a bug and wait for
the maintainer to respond.  However, when I submit the package for
release, I become the maintainer instead.  Can we have a process in
which:

- I can introduce a change to a package and rebuild it
- the package maintainer (here: Dago) approves the change
- I submit it for release
- I don't become the maintainer.