[csw-maintainers] GAR: Changes to checkpkg: shared libraries and modularity

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 8 00:54:07 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Two minor things. First, the mbuffer package doesn't contain any
> library, still checkpkg tries to check something (the binary?) for a SONAME.

> INFO:root:The mbuffer shared library doesn't provide a SONAME.
> INFO:root:The mbuffer shared library doesn't provide a SONAME.

Right, the code currently doesn't distinguish shared libraries and
executables; at some point it was assumed that if it is a shared
library, it will provide a SONAME, but there are cases where it's not
true, Oracle shared libraries for instance.  I moved this message to
the debug level, it's not needed for normal operation.

> Second, and this is really minor (but I guess trivial to attack with
> your python foo), could you get rid of the Unicode u prefix in front of
> the provided-by-package names?

> Analysis of sonames needed by the package set:
> libresolv.so.2 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libmhash.so.2 is provided by u'CSWlibmhash' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libnsl.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> librt.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libsocket.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libm.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWlibms' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libpthread.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer
> libc.so.1 is provided by u'SUNWcsl' and required by:
>  mbuffer

Done. It was also a debug-ish thing, where I wanted to make sure that
I can see a difference between "SUNWcsl" and "SUNWcsl ", etc.

I'm glad you like it!  Any further thoughts or comments?