[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 20 00:37:25 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sat Jun 19 08:58:40 -0400 2010:

> hmmm. I don't remember any more why the lnks were put in. but I
> suspect the missing ones arefor locales that got added later

So the next question then is whether or not having CSWcommon provide
those links is correct?

A cursory inspection of a few boxes seems to highlight only coreutils
as being affected (broken symlink check).  Looking at which packages
deliver content to csw/share/.../LC_TIME, I see only CSWcommon and
CSWcoreutils.  This accounts for why the conflict hasn't been
discovered previously.

As only two packages are in play, there should be some reasonably easy
fix.  I'm going to read some more about this stuff before I propose
anything though.

Thanks