[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] evince-2.24.2 in experimental

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 16 16:33:26 CET 2010

Hi Roger,

Am 16.03.2010 um 16:23 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
> Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Why not?
>> I've looked at it once.  Python headers do checks on certain 64-bit
>> related constants, which AFAIK are set by the compiler; the
>> assertions
>> in the Python code are failing.
>> "/opt/csw/include/python2.6/pyport.h", line 680: Error: #error
>> "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc
>> config?).".
>
> Well, I've somewhat (comment below) successfully built a 64-bit
> python on my own buildfarm (needed for dependencies for the 64-bit
> imagemagick).
>
> And it seems to be working just fine for my needs (libpython.so)
>
> The problems I've had relates to the binaries (python, python2.6...)
> there seems like there is some problem during merge.

If you have merge-specific problems just let me know.

> Also, the _curses module fails due to some link error.
>
> However, in order to successfully build a 64-bit python, you need a
> 64-bit libffi which requires the SOS12-compiler (currently not
> available on Solaris8 on the buildfarm, but seems to be working just
> fine for me),

It works if you have SOS12 installed. AFAIK the problem is that the
libc doesn't
contain specific parts which are also in the compiler-shipped version.
So without
the compiler they will fail. Additionally, SOS12 is compiled starting
from Solaris 9,
but as we don't have Solaris 8 mandatory any more just start with
SOS12 on Solaris 9.

> which needs a 64-bit expect, which need 64-bit tcl/tk...

We both do work on this, so we? ;-)