[csw-maintainers] V8+ binaries from now on

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 26 16:59:52 CET 2010

On 2010-03-26 12:50, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>> But we should stick to sparcv8 then as before.
>
> The Old Clunker Syndrome all over!
>
> Another constraint that we like to keep. Or maybe not?

I don't know if it's that big problem keeping with v8 instead of using
v8+ as default, I have only found it being a limitation once (openmpi
requires v8+ and its only optional when building boost).
The 32-bit binaries shipped with Solaris 10 still isn't optimized for
v8+ even though you can't run Solaris 10 on anything older.