[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 31 16:54:03 CEST 2010

On 2010-03-31 16:46, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> Since gcc/g++ is so OS bound, isn't it best to simply do one package
>> for each OS version? And also only include what is supported on that
>> OS (i.e no 64-bit on Solaris 8 x86 using binaries from Solaris 10)
>
> +1 from me. But it breaks the long-hated NFS-for-all.

Anyone sharing software between OS releases over NFS is asking for trouble.
I've always shared /opt (in general, not only /opt/csw) over NFS, but
always had one share for each OS release and one "package master" (host
which pkgrm/pkgadd and patching is run on), and I have neved heard
anyone even try such a setup...

If we're not able to push OS-specific releases, why is there even a
separation on the mirrors and support for it in pkg-get/pkgutil?