[csw-maintainers] cswinetd and cswetcservices?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed May 5 20:47:13 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Darin Perusich's message of Wed May 05 14:23:33 -0400 2010:

> Any luck locating/reviewing your docs to locate this?

Sorry, got into other stuff.  There is no facility for the maintainer
to default this to off.  It's administrator dependent.  Both
/etc/opt/csw/csw.conf and /opt/csw/etc/csw.conf are taken into account
(sourced by the shell).

The following is how initial state is determined:

default is on
state set to off if autoenable_daemons is set to no in csw.conf
state is set to off if autoenable_$svcname is set to no
state is set to on if autoenable_$svcname is set to yes

So, the autoenable_daemons setting is trumped by autoenable_git (for
example) when installing git.

The only sensible solution I see to allow the maintainer to set the
default is to honour the # as the first character in the inetd.conf
definition.  (I can try to look at this tonight.)

Does this help?

Thanks