[csw-maintainers] moving along...
maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 7 15:01:46 CEST 2011
2011/8/7 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> How about making a custom REST interface to Mantis ourselves
> which just harcode the structures and modify the database directly?
> From the experience of my (read-only) bug viewer interface that shouldn't
> be too hard, make a clean interface for now and won't waste resources
> on things we probably won't need later on.
Certainly doable. Perhaps we could only implement a minimal set of
functions that are not available through the SOAP interface. For
instance, the Mantis SOAP API in theory provides the
mc_projects_get_user_accessible function, but in practice, it only
returns a "(500, Null)" tuple, whatever that means. If the other
functions (e.g. add a new project) work, we could use SOAP to do
The integration job that we need, would be something like:
- get the list of projects in mantis
- get the list of packages in $catalog_release
- generate the diff
- take renames into account (not yet sure how)
- add missing packages to mantis
- print the list of projects in mantis with no corresponding packages
(I wouldn't recommend deleting them automatically)
- make sure that the package - maintainer assignments are up to date / correct
Perhaps more. As far as reading, I thought about cheating and parsing HTML...
More information about the maintainers