[csw-maintainers] [policy] GPG Signing Key handling

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 16 04:38:39 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Feb 15 22:12:56 -0500 2011:

> People often "know" things, but dont think about the ramifications
> unless their attention is specifically brought to it. Why are you
> resisting putting in this one-or-two line change, but accepting all
> the others? This seems a little unreasonable.

Well, they've had the opportunity to read it here as well.  I hardly
think it's unreasonable.  I do find other things a bit on the
unreasonable side, but those I'll save for other discussions.

> Unless you think what I wrote was factually *wrong*, the fair thing
> seems to be to put it in.  Demonstrating "fair writeup to each
> side", for the vote.

I explained why I didn't think it was necessary.  The fact that it
isn't factually wrong does not mean that it must be included.  I'm not
obliged to put in every revision you send me.  That would see no end.
The writeup is fair already: It is not weighted to any outcome.

Does anyone else have comment on the proposed text?

Thanks