[csw-maintainers] musings on asciidoc

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jan 9 15:43:17 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Would be interesting if we could drive our site from  {some version
>> controlled system} to wordpress directly.
>
> So we would soon be back to how you ran our web site where we had to
> send a patch?

that was not the motivation I had.

But for things such as "policy pages", where we are talking about
having the pages in svn, and in a package , and driving the web
contents from that, I thought it could be interesting

> Both Wikis and Wordpress already have version control and if the
> source format is not future proof enough the end result, HTML, sure
> is

I was not thinking so much about "future proof", as "consolidate on
one document language"