[csw-maintainers] Openssl migration: status update for group 1
bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 13 00:15:58 CEST 2012
Your assessments are all sound in my view. Let's get group one out the door asap.
I'll be away until the 20th or I'd step in with some effort too.
Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org> wrote:
I have again some spare cycles and I want to use them on the openssl migration so we don't delay indefinitely the release of the group 1.
So here a quick status update:
22 packages are now waiting to be updated or dropped in the group 1, before we can release the already updated packages.
claws_htmlviewer, claws_mail and libetpan: I didn't have any objection against the removal of these packages, so I will proceed.boincclient, boinclibs and boincmanager: Maciej proposed to drop these packages, I will ping the maintainer about this but I propose to follow this idea unless the maintainer answers or someone else steps up.gnucash: Peter, have you been able to made some progress on this package ?libserf0_0 and xmlrpc_c: Dago noticed that theses packages don't have any reverse dependancies, I will remove them unless someone objects.libgnomecups, libgnomeprint, libbonoboui and gnomevfs2: Dago, you began to work on these libraries. Have you made some progress ? (FYI, I am currently trying to continue to work on gnomevfs2). icecast: Dago you are the maintainer of this package, do you need some help to update it ?libneon26: Dago proposed to rebuild or drop as only gstplugins_bad depend of this package. Any objection to the removal of gstplugins_bad ?ooocore: I had no answer from James, I will ping him again but I propose to remove the package from unstable if don't have a quick answer. Anyway, the package has not been updated since nearly 3 years.courier_imap: juraj, you stepped up to takeover this package. Have you made some progress ?proftpd: I will directly ping the maintainer and I will try to update the existing recipe and I will upload an updated version of the package even if the maintainer doesn't answer.dovecot: I will directly ping the maintainer to see if he can update the package quickly or if he needs some help.postfix: as agreed with Juraj, I updated the recipe and compiled the package. Juraj can you test and release the package ?hobbit: the package has not been updated for 5 years. I propose to remove this package from unstable unless someone quickly steps up to takeover the package.libpq: packages depending on libpq should be recompiled with libpq5.
Thanks in advance for your answers and feedbacks,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the maintainers