[csw-maintainers] Greetings

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 7 04:19:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Welcome aboard, Romeo! Packaging Salt is a very cool undertaking.
> Also, ZeroMQ is a very interesting project which I wanted us to have
> in the catalog.

Hi Maciej, Thanks! Glad I'll be bringing some software that others
have some interest in as well.

> Something I always ask for when a new member joins the project, is
> feedback on the documentation. We know that it's outdated, unclear or
> plain wrong, but we don't see it, because we have all the knowledge
> ready in our brains, and we don't notice. Only a new member actually
> sees when something is unclear or missing. So please do point out
> places where documentation needs to be updated or corrected. If you
> can, feel free to correct the docs yourself (do you have an account on
> wiki.opencsw.org?) or write to maintainers@ with your comments.

Ok, this makes sense. I just created an account on the wiki and will
try to update things or create pages that I think are relevant for
newcomers. I'll wait a little while, until I feel confident I won't
make matters worse before I start making any changes though :)

> You're also welcome on the IRC channel for quick help.

Thanks.

> I'm not sure
> how time zones will work out ‒ most people are in CEST, with some
> people in EST and some in PST. I see that your evenings overlap with
> CEST mornings, so this might be the best time to meet online.

Good to know. Yeah, I was wondering about the timezones issue.

Romeo